Oct 9, 2020
Everyone who is a worker or who cares about workers should pay
attention to Prop 22 in California and understand the potentially
devastating impact it could have. Professor Veena Dubal joins us on
the show to talk about why.
Additional links/info below...
- Veena's faculty page and
- Sarah Ashley O'Brien, CNN Business, "The $185 Million
Campaign to Keep Uber and Lyft Drivers as Contractors in
- Alexander Sammon, The American Prospect, "How Uber and Lyft
Are Buying Labor Laws"
- Edward Ongweso Jr., Vice, "Uber, Lyft Give
California GOP Millions While Fighting
- Veena Dubal, Dissent, "Digital
- Veena Dubal, Berkley Journal of Employment and Labor
Law, "The Drive to
Precarity: A Political History of Work, Regulation, & Labor
Advocacy in San Francisco's Taxi & Uber
Featured Music (all songs sourced from the Free Music
- Lobo Loco, "Malte Junior - Hall"