Dec 14, 2019
We've got a super special crossover with the Wrong Boys
themselves, Aaron and Shawn from the Srsly Wrong podcast! We teamed
up to take a deep dive into the history and meaning of the Winnipeg
General Strike of 1919, the largest labor strike in Canada's
Additional links/info below...
- Srsly Wrong website,
Twitter page, and
- Alberta Advantage, "General Strike!
- The Magnificast, "The Winnipeg
- Dennis Lewycky, Fernwood Books, "Magnificent Fight
The 1919 Winnipeg General Strike"
- Reinhold Kramer & Tom Mitchell, University of Toronto
Press, "When the State
Trembled: How A.J. Andrews and the
Citizens' Committee Broke the Winnipeg General
- Graphic History Collective & David Lester, Between the
Lines, "1919: A
Graphic History of the Winnipeg General
- Darren Bernhardt, CBC News, "The Wild Woman
of the Winnipeg Strike"
- Mary Horodyski, Manitoba Historical Society, "Women and the
Winnipeg General Strike of 1919"
- Tom Jokinen, The Walrus, "What the
Winnipeg General Strike Can Teach Us About Class, Capitalism, and
- Meagan Day, Jacobin, "The Winnipeg General
Strike Is Immortal"
- Ian Angus, Marxists.org, "What Socialists
Learned from the Winnipeg General Strike"
- Isaac Wurmann, Luma, "Navigating
History, Memory, and Mythology: The Challenges of Depicting the
1919 Winnipeg General Strike"