Aug 29, 2020
We close out Season Three of Working People with a
critical discussion about why cops have no place in the labor
movement and about the rank-and-file push from groups like
No Cop Unions (AFL-CIO) and
Drop the Cops (SEIU) to get them out. Featuring
Kim Kelly, Halimat Alawode, & Julia Wallace.
- No Cop Unions (AFL-CIO) website and Twitter page
- SEIU Drop the Cops Linktree and Twitter page
- SEIU Drop the Cops
"Labor Stands Against the Cops" event page
- Kim Kelly Twitter page
- Halimat Alawode Twitter
- Julia Wallace Twitter page
- Kim Kelly, The New Republic, "No More Cop
- Kim Kelly, Teen Vogue, "Police Unions: What
to Know and Why They Don’t Belong in the Labor
- Kim Kelly, The Baffler, "Rank-and-File
- Hamilton Nolan, The Guardian, "It's Time to Kick
Police Unions Out of the Labor Movement. They Aren't
- Paul Clark, The Conversation, "Why Police Unions
Are not Part of the American Labor Movement"
- Louis Casiano, The Orange County Register, "Union Law Firm’s
Private Detective Gets 1 Year in Jail in Scheme to Set up Costa
- Greg Coy, Fox Memphis, "Activists Find
Camera Inside Mysterious Box on Power Pole Near Union Organizer’s
sourced from the
- Lobo Loco, "Malte Junior - Hall"
- Pete Seeger, "Which Side Are You On?"