Jan 22, 2019
Working People is back for Season Two!
In this #RedForEd special, we talk to Trevor, Jesenia, and
Danielle, three teachers and members of United Teachers Los Angeles
(UTLA) who are currently joining their brothers and sisters in a
historic strike across the LA Unified School District.
Additional links/info below...
- UTLA Twitter and Facebook
- UTLA website
- Sarah Jaffe, The Nation, "The Radical
Organizing That Paved the Way for LA’s Teachers’
- Jared Sacks, ROAR, "The Radical Worker
Politics of the Los Angeles Teacher Strike"
- Meagan Day & Micah Uetricht, Jacobin, "A Mighty
- Lois Weiner, Jacobin, "What LA Teachers
Have Already Won"
- Lisa Ryan, The Cut, "Why 32,000 Teachers
Are on Strike in Los Angeles"
- David Dayen, In These Times, "'Welcome to the
Revolution': LA Teachers Strike Pits Working-Class Power Against
- Max Rivlin-Nadler & Scott Heins, Splinter,
"On the Picket Line
With the LA Substitute Teachers Who Refused to
- Cesar Hernandez, LA Taco, " 'Tacos for Teachers' Seeks
to Feed Teachers if They Hit the Picket
Featured Music (all songs sourced from the Free Music
- Lobo Loco, "Malte Junior - Hall"
- Benjamin Banger, "June"
- Mindseye, "Up and Go"
- Benjamin Banger, "New Horizons"