Apr 17, 2019
We chat with Dave G, cohost of the Mandatory OT podcast, member
of the Industrial Workers of the World (IWW), and longtime State
Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) in the Ohio Valley. We talk about
what it's like to work as an STNA, the low pay, the rampant
injuries workers sustain, and about the difficulty of unionizing
when your coworkers are reactionaries.
Additional links/info below...
- Mandatory OT podcast Soundcloud and Twitter page
- IWW Twitter page
- West Virginia IWW Twitter page
- Sample CNA Job
- ZipRecruiter, "What Is the Average
CNA Salary by State"
- John Caniglia & Jo Ellen Corrigan, The Plain Dealer,
"Ohio Nursing Homes'
Low Staffing Called a 'Crisis,' Puts Residents at Risk: A Critical
- Zack Budryk, Fierce Healthcare, "Workplace Danger:
Nursing Assistants Suffer More Physical Injuries than Construction
- Alexandra Bradbury, Labor Notes, "Don't 'Lean' On Me,
Hospital Workers Say"
- Jeff Spross, The Week, "America Is on the
Verge of a Nursing Crisis"
Featured Music (all songs sourced from the Free Music
- Lobo Loco, "Malte Junior - Hall"