Apr 13, 2019
At 1:00pm on Thursday, April 11, over 31,000 Stop & Shop
workers across New England walked off the job. The strike is going
on at this very moment and gaining public support, even as Stop
& Shop bosses try to ice out and undercut workers. We talk to
Mike LaFrance, a deli worker who's been at Stop & Shop for over
20 years, about what's going on and how folks around the country
can show support.
- PETITION: Support Stop & Shop
- SUPPORT LINE: Sign up for updates.
Text “support” to 698329 to get latest updates on
the strike and how you can help
- Call Stop & Shop Customer Service and
express support for striking workers at
- Support Stop & Shop Workers Facebook and
- Alexia Fernández Campbell, Vox, "The Largest Private
Sector Strike in Years Is Playing Out at Supermarkets Across the
- Meaghan Ottolini & Marie Szaniszlo, The Boston
Herald, "Teamsters Back Up
Striking Stop & Shop Workers"
- Tal Axelrod, The Hill, "Biden, Warren and
Sanders Express Support for Striking Stop & Shop
- Kim Kelly, Teen Vogue, "Strikes and Picket
sourced from the
Free MusicArchive: freemusicarchive.org)
- Lobo Loco, "Malte Junior - Hall"