In this special compilation episode, we talk to eight
working-class scholars about loving, leaving, and being left behind
- Working People, Season 1, Bonus Episode #2,
- Working People, Season 1, Episode 10,
- Maximillian Alvarez, The Baffler, "Contingent No
- Erin Bartram, "The Sublimated
Grief of the Left Behind"
- The Nostalgia Trap, "Episode 89: Erin
- Patricia A. Matthew (ed), UNC Press, Written/Unwritten: Diversity and the
Hidden Truths of Tenure
- Kevin Birmingham, The Chronicle of Higher Education,
"'The Great Shame
of Our Profession'"
- James M. Van Wyck & Lynn Arner, Inside Higher Ed,
- Trevor Griffey, LAWCHA, "The Decline of
- Marc Bousquet, NYU Press, How the University Works: Higher
Education and the Low-Wage Nation
- Hamilton Nolan, Gawker, “The Horrifying
Reality of the Academic Job Market”
- Anonymous, Inside Higher Ed,
- Herb Childress, The Chronicle of Higher Education,
"This Is How You
Kill a Profession"
- Jonathan Kramnick, The Chronicle of Higher Education,
"How the Jobs
Crisis Has Transformed Faculty Hiring"
sourced from the
- Lobo Loco, "Malte Junior - Hall"
- Breath Before the Plunge, "End of All Things"
- Marisa Anderson, "Pulse"
- Return to Normal, "The Observer"